10-24 7:45am Fever back again, 38.4 C. Maybe the silver lining is that she held it off longer this time around. Anyway, will wait and see what her counts are this morning.
Fever is back down to normal (9:30 AM). Counts are going the wrong way! Down again today. Just had a discussion with Dr. B. We are switching Mollie to clindamycin, although I think Dr. B thinks this is viral and has a longer course (5-7 days). The clindamycin is because it still looks like Mollie might have some sinusitis and the clinda is better for that than the vanc, but still provides broad spectrum coverage. She thinks Mollie looks good, doesn't want to do a flu test because if they do it, they have to move Mollie out of the oncology hallway and into the main hall (without the benefit of the positive pressure rooms). Also, Mollie got her regular dose of Septra yesterday, which can suppress counts, so we are now holding that as well as the chemo. So, we wait and hope the counts start going up. We are all encouraged that there is a longer time between fevers. I wish there was something else we could do to bring the counts up!
Mollie seems well. I stopped and got her a bagel with cream cheese on the way to the hospital this morning and she had the biggest smile and scarfed it down! And she had already eaten her breakfast. Right now she's up drawing on the white board in her room and we're tied after two games of Pretty Pretty Princess. We've been working a little each day on making a haunted house out of a cardboard box, so we'll probably work on that a little more today and just try to keep busy.
Thanks everyone for all the encouragement, cards, etc. It really helps keep our spirits up!