Update: I checked Mollie's temp at home several times yesterday and it was normal. I still don't know what the official ANC is- I'll have to call clinic today.
Clinic went well today. We dropped Lucy off at school, then Mollie got her port accessed (easy, thanks to the very special nurses in hem/onc), then we went upstairs for my OB appointment. By the time we got back to hem/onc clinic, Mollie's chemo had arrived. So, she got her IV vincristine and we went to pick up Lucy.
Mollie is still complaining of pain in her thighs/hips. She can't pinpoint the pain, but it is making her limp slightly. It could be residual from the neupogen shots, but if it doesn't clear up in the next few days, we will go back in to clinic.
ANC 1000 (machine count, still waiting for manual count- it's probably lower than this)
If her ANC turns out to be lower than 500, we will hold her oral chemo this week. We return next Tues. for a count check. In the meantime, she starts her 5-day steroid pulse.
Our other concern is that her temp was 99.2. Not that high and the NP didn't think it was significant, but with her counts dropping from 2000 to 1000 in a few days, I worry that she's already picked up a bug of some sort. I wish I had some of those adhesive forehead thermometer strips so I could constantly monitor her temp! I think we will keep her out of school tomorrow as a precaution.
She had a great day at school yesterday (so it's hard to keep her out!) and was really happy to see her classmates. Hopefully, these concerns won't amount to anything and can resume a somewhat normal schedule soon.