7.17.2009

She's back...

We just picked Mollie up after her week at camp. She had a fabulous time! According to her, she swam, went down the waterslide, caught 4 fish, panned for gold, rode a horse, did ceramics, archery, clay, make-overs, went canoeing, hiking (and saw a snake), rockclimbing, had a pajama party, went to a dance with a DJ, dressed in a freaky outfit for carnival.... She also played glow-in-the-dark golf, BINGO, and did gymnastics. Apparently the boys messed up the girls' cabin with string so they got them back by throwing bucketfulls of (fake) bugs in their cabin!!

She is completely worn out and a bit emotional; she's alternating between being very eager to tell us what she did and teary because she feels different than before she left. I'm hoping she will nap/rest this afternoon! She was happy to see us and ecstatic to see Lucy! She couldn't stop hugging her and holding her hand. So sweet.

Update: she's now feeling a lot less "different" and seems to be just fine.

It's nice to have her back!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is great news (I think). She had a really big adventure for a 5 year old. I am so happy for her. And it sounds like Lucy is happy too. I suspect it will take a few days to get back to normal!
    All the best to the whole family...
    Grandpa TC the Grouch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe I should send Bradyn away for some camp time. He's never slept away from home but perhaps reading about what Mollie did...

    I LOVE the fake bug payback. That is a memory she'll keep forever. Awesome!

    Glad she's home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mollie is so brave to go to camp for the first time! Ah, does she have Mollie Goes to Camp- the American Girl book?

    L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like my boys! I heard about the cabin string party while there were away at the pool! I did not hear about the girls getting the boys back! I am so glad she had a great time :)

    I still cannot get over her thick curly hair!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!