9.13.2009

So happy to see you!

Apologies for the lack of posts- I have been out of town for the wedding of one of my oldest friends (we met in 1979, I think. wow!) Congratulations Sara and Freddy!

Mollie stayed home with Matt so she wouldn't miss out on school. There were quite a few phone calls to me about her not feeling well. However, we are certain she just knows how to pull our strings. If she says she hurts or feels sick, she knows we have to act. She missed me and really wanted me to come home. Once otherwise occupied, all of the hurting and pain went away, she and Matt had some fun outings!

When she saw me tonight after I got off the plane, she said, "Oh mama! I'm so happy to see you!" Just like a little adult!

She is tucked in bed now, happy with all the treats I brought back (thanks Katherine, Cindy, Momo, and Sally). This week brings a spinal tap on Weds. Mollie says she's looking forward to it because she gets to pick out a toy from the dino-store. This is a little "store" that the Child Life group has in the OR. Every child that has surgery gets to choose something each time they have a procedure. They even have a "sibling" box. Thank goodness for this because how else do you get a kid to look forward to a spinal tap???

It is good to be home, although I'm exhausted from an early morning flight. More tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. oh, sarah! it was so good to see you! and lucy! in fact, lala received a doll for her birthday, which she promptly named lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! And good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home, Sarah! I know Nicola enjoyed seeing you. I hope your week goes smoothly. How lovely that Matt and Mollie had some special time together.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!