11.06.2009

Clinic Update

Mollie's clinic appointment went pretty well, but there's not much of an update since I don't have her counts yet (the lab tech is out sick so everything is being processed by the main lab and takes forever). Her lungs sound good and she got the green light to go to school on Monday! I'm a little nervous about sending her back out into the world of germs, but I'm always going to feel that way. They will keep her on 50% chemo dose for two weeks and then gradually step it back up to 100% if she can tolerate it. She's scheduled for IV chemo (vincristine) on Tuesday.

Her hair seems to have stopped falling out. It is very thin right now, but there's enough that she doesn't feel too different. Hopefully this next dose of vincristine will be gentle on the hair follicles.

Good news all around this morning.

Update: I don't have the exact numbers (phone call while driving), but Mollie's WBC is 4.3 so her ANC is probably up around 2000; Hgb is ~11 and platelets are >200,000. So, good news on the counts- her bone marrow seems to be back to work.

6 comments:

  1. thanks for the update. she's stayed close in my mind recently for so very many reasons. have a lovely FAMILY weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mollie told me how much she enjoys school so it is good news that she can get back to it. Sick bugs just stay away, please!! I'll call the girls this weekend. Love to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that Mollie really wants to go to school. She told me so the day that we left but she was very accepting of the reason for staying home. It is a very difficult decision.
    Mollie you are wise and mature well beyond your years.
    Sarah & Matt, I can only pray that you make the right decision - and I don't know what that is.
    I am glad to hear that things are going reasonably well.
    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Mollie! I'm so glad to hear you have a good report and we'll see you Monday. Get lots of rest this weekend!
    Love, Mrs. Swenson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news on her counts and school! We're rooting for you, Mollie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep those counts rising. We are happy to hear Mollie is feeling better. Take Care, Karen

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!