8.09.2009

Yesterday, a little girl named Anika lost her battle with leukemia. I am heartbroken for this family; their little girl has been plagued by this disease since she was a toddler. Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers as they deal with the devastating pain and loss.

In a selfish way, when I hear of a child who has died or relapsed I look for any details that make their cancer and treatment different than Mollie's. I'm looking for some reassurance that this won't happen to us, but it's not there. This is a fear we have to live with.

Hug your loved ones tight. Be gentle with your children. Keep in mind the parents who have lost a child; they would give anything to have their little ones running around, making messes, and pestering them with questions.

3 comments:

  1. I found out today that a childhood friend of mine died Sunday from a pulmonary embolism. She left behind a husband and a 7 year old daughter. It really gave me pause because I was snappish with Bella this morning while getting ready for the first day of school. I would hate for that to be Bella's last memory of me. Then, I read this post about being kind and gentle. I appreciate this message, Sarah. It really reinforces my earlier thoughts about being more patient with Isabella. My prayers are with this family and, as always, with Mollie and her wonderful family.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing about the treatment. But it really doesn't matter. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

    Hope all goes well with you.

    www.isarose.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awful :( An old class mate of mine's younger brother died this Sunday of Melanoma. He was 25 and had been suffering for nearly two years with it before it spread. It's especially sad when they are so young! We'll definitely be praying for Anika's family for all they're going through, and for those still fighting. Please give Mollie and Lucy (and yourselves) extra big hugs from us!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!