12.15.2008

Now we're in isolation

Mollie's lesion looks a little better today, but won't heal until her WBCs go up. Since she just had chemo on Friday, that is likely to take a while. Dr. Murray, the infectious diseases guy, said they might let her go home soon-ish and keep her on strong antibiotics. Of course, I would prefer that, but we'll see. I would also prefer to finish this round of chemo. Again, we'll see.

In the mean time, we're in "isolation" in case this is a staph infection. So, as if being in the hospital wasn't sucky enough by itself, now we have to put on gowns and gloves if we want to leave the room (and these are not ballgowns!). Unless we're going off the floor. Uh, yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

In other news, Mollie has declared that she wants earmuffs for Christmas. I'm sure I will have no time to go search for earmuffs in Augusta, so if anyone wants to volunteer, let me know. And please do let me know if you find some so we don't end up with more than one pair of earmuffs (it is 75 degrees here today!).

Mollie also reports that she wants to start a button collection. If anyone has any extra buttons floating around, I'm sure Mollie would love them.

6 comments:

  1. Last week I also declared on the facebook that I wanted earmuffs for Christmas!!!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also have a button collection!! My Nonnie started one and now i have it. Will send some buttons soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buttons like the ones that close your clothes, or like the ones that say, "A clean house is a sign of a wasted life"-type stuff? I imagine you mean the closing clothes kind, but one can never be sure what the intentions of an intelligent 4-year-old are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spoke with Uncle Jay earlier today, and since he lives near Evergreen, CO, he said that he & Diane would supply ear muffs - 'cuz they are in prime ear muff territory.
    Also I suspect that some fine buttons (not the political type - although I LOVED your comment LSULiv) are on there way - thanks somewhat to Grandma Pearl.
    I love you Sarah, Matt, Mollie & Lucy. Keep on keepin' on!
    Grandpa TC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Guys!
    I had just mailed off a package to you, when I read about the buttons. I have several that I will stick in the mail SOON! I have been saving them for a very special person... Mollie! I am thinking about you so much! Can you feel it??
    Also, William and I were singing "Down in the Valley" tonight, the Elizabeth Mitchell version, of course! It's on the You are My Little Bird CD. Anyway, the lines, "Angels in heaven, know I love you. Know I love you dear, know I love you. Angels in heaven, know I love you", made me think of all of you and how much you LOVE each other. Smile at each other and know that you will get through this.
    XOXO
    Love, Cousin SYL

    ReplyDelete
  6. buttons for sewing or buttons with a pin, like thes that say obama/biden?


    oh, scratch that. i see Liv's question!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!